When users edit the Quick Access Toolbar(QAT) in Microsoft office and specifically, Microsoft outlook the changes are lost on their next session logon.
By default Terminal Server roaming profiles has a group policy setting not to save any changes to the QAT on logoff by the user.
- Download the Microsoft Office GPO templates from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18968
- Install and then copy the downloaded templates to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions on all Domain Controllers (DC’s)
- Modify the GPO policy attached to your Windows Terminal Server, under the ‘\user configuration\administrative templates\Microsoft Office 2010\Allow roaming of all user customizations’ option set it to ‘allow’
- Wait for the GPO policy to be applied or run ‘gpupdate’ on your Terminal Server
- Users will now have QAT saved upon logout to their roaming profiles